Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Nightmare On Elm Street Review


I love scary movies so I had to go see this one.  Although I must say it wasn't scary to me at all.  I don't know, maybe its because it was predictavle or the fact that Freddy was always in your face so it left no room for a shock, scare, or surprise. 

So this movie is a re-imaging of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, a serial-killer who wields a glove with four blades embedded in the fingers and kills people in their dreams, resulting in their real death in reality.

The movie was pretty good.  As far as the story and plot goes, it stayed true to the original but also had its own little twist.  For those who haven't seen the original, although I'm sure everyone has, but if no one has, then I'm sure the story and plot would draw viewers in.

I had some problems with the movie though. For one, let me be the first to say that Freddy was UGLY.  I mean Freddy looked pretty messed up in the original but the makeup crew really took it to the next level.  I mean I was really afraid to look at him.  I was afraid I was going to have nightmares about that face.  It was bad.  I didn't too much appreciate him always being in the camera.  That also took away some of the suspense because we knew where he was.

I also had a problem with Kellan Lutz, the hottest guy in the movie, dying first.  I'm just saying, it would have been nice to have some man candy.

Oh and someone please tell me why that blog of that asian boy getting smashed into his camera and dying still on the internet.  Someone would have had to report that.  Why is a video of someone dying still on the internet?  Like I mean I know its a movie but come on now, lets get real, that should not have been on the internet.

Did anyone else notice how fabolous Nancy's boots were in the movie.  I live for those boots. I'm just saying if the bitch was going to die, at least she was going to die fabolous.

I rate this movie a solid B.  The only reason I rate it a B is because of the story and plot.  Thats what kept me entertained since it wasn't the least bit scary.  Well.....Freddy was scary "looking" but thats about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment