Monday, January 4, 2010

Avatar


Can someone please tell me what all the hype was over this movie? Everytime I went some where, all I kept hearing was Avatar this, and Avatar that. "Avatar was the best movie of the year", one of my friends told me. Okay so with all the people that have been pumping this movie up, I had to go see it myself, and while i'm at it, why not see it in 3D. So of course when I get to the theater, it is hella packed because of the hype that has been going around. Oh, and by the way, this is not the movie version of the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. Okay so this movie has a slow start. I didn't get the whole concept until after the first hour. The military/government on Earth were traveling to this planet named Pandora trying to run out the natives, who were called the Na'vi, in order to get this precious and rare material that is located all over their forest. Then this ex marine who can no longer walk is asked to take the place of his dead brother who was supposed to go to Pandora to study the Na'vi and try to run them out. To run them out the marines brain is linked to an Avatar that has been in captivity and he is to gain the trust of the Na'vi and learn their ways to get them to leave their land. But the marine happens to fall in love with one of the Na'vi and realizes that what the military/government is doing is wrong and tries to help the Na'vi and goes against his own kind. The movie progresses very slowly and all the action didn't come until the tail end of the movie. Actually it didn't really get good until the it got towards the tail end. I didn't like that my ass fell asleep in that damn chair becuase I was waiting for the movie to pick up. So overall this movie was okay, it wasn't all that like people kept pumping it up to be. Oh, and by the way, what the hell was it in 3D for? I was expecting stuff to pop out at me to point where i nearly fall out my chair. NO!!! I didn't even flinch because nothing was 3D. I mean you could have just paid for the regular movie and see the same thing you would have with the 3D glasses. smh

No comments:

Post a Comment